A measure of microbial metabolism
The Russian scientist Elie Metchnikoff (1845 - 1916) popularized the idea of "Dys-symbiosis" or "Dysbiosis," describing an imbalance in the microecology of the digestive tract. When the microbial balance of the gut is disturbed, opportunistic, or "bad", bacteria can overgrow and mitigate the effects of the "good", predominant bacteria needed for a healthy gut. Advantages of the Organix Dysbiosis Profile
* Reports D-arabinitol, a specific marker for Candida sp., which can cause disease in patients, especially if they are immunocompromised.
* Reports D-lactate, an indicator of L. acidophilus overgrowth and carbohydrate malabsorption.
* Utilizes the LC/MS-MS method, providing more stability, accuracy, and sensitivity in measuring organic acids at low levels for optimum test results.
* A single urine specimen is easy for patients, leading to increased patient compliance.
* Discrimination between microbial classes allows for more focused and targeted therapies.
* An economical follow-up test for practitioners to monitor targeted therapy.Why use the Organix Dysbiosis Profile?
The Organix Dysbiosis Profile is a urine organic acid test measuring the by-products of microbial metabolism, and is particularly useful in detecting the presence of pathogenic microbial overgrowth. As a stand-alone test, the Organix Dysbiosis Profile is a great follow-up option to the Organix Comprehensive Profile, allowing the clinician to assess microbial overgrowth and guide and monitor targeted therapy in patients.Is Urine Organic Acid Testing Useful for Assessing Dysbiosis?
Urine contains unique products of microbial metabolism which are used to measure small bowel yeast and bacterial overgrowth. With the exception of hippurate, the compounds measured in the Organix Dysbiosis Profile, such as D-arabinitol, are not normally produced by human cells. Unfriendly intestinal microorganisms, however, can manufacture them in relatively high quantities. These compounds are absorbed into the blood from the intestines and eventually appear in a urine organic acid test.EASY 3 STEP PROCESS:
1. Place your order and a test kit will be mailed to you right away.
2. Collect your sample and mail it no charge to our lab.
3. Results, interpretation and protocol will be mailed to you within 3 weeks. BENEFITS OF ORDERING FROM NUTRITIONALLY YOURS
1. Test kits are mailed out right away
2. Great customer service over the phone and via email.
3. Years of experience successfully helping people feel better!
4. Convenient and confidential nutritional tests on "your" terms. To order via the internet: please proceed through our secure online store.
To order through the mail
, send a check to:
890-F Atlanta St, Ste 253
Roswell, GA 30075
In the memo section of the test write: Metametrix Dysbiosis Test To order over the phone:
call our office at 866-307-2495Email:
Disclaimer: This test kit is not to be used to diagnose, cure or treat a medical condition. It is to be used for educational purposes only.
This product was added to our catalog on Friday 02 April, 2010.