The Volatile Solvents Profile can help identify a patient's prolonged exposure to the most commonly found volatile solvents that have been shown to cause serious health problems.
Why run a Volatile Solvent Test?
Overexposure or chronic exposure to volatile solvents damages the central nervous system and causes chemical-driven liver and kidney damage. Benzene, in particular, has a severe toxic effect on the hematological system and is a recognized human carcinogen. Other solvents contribute to atrophy of skeletal muscles, loss of coordination, vision problems, and depression of the central nervous system.
What are Volatile Solvents?
Volatile solvents are routinely used in industrial processes to manufacture consumer products. A solvent is a liquid or gas used to dissolve a solid, liquid, or gas to create a new solution. Each year, annual production of these solvents numbers in the tens of billions of pounds in the United States.
Air and water pollution are common routes of exposure in both our homes and workplaces. We are also exposed by inhalation or ingestion of car exhaust, paints, glues, adhesives, and lacquer thinners. These volatile solvents are used in large numbers to produce items in our homes such as furniture, building materials, paint, shoes, cleaning and degreasing agents, inks, pharmaceuticals, and as additives to gasoline. For those living and working in urban areas, the exposure to this class of compounds goes on twenty-four hours a day.
Solvents are very damaging to bone marrow and have been associated with many of the bone marrow cancers as well as anemia and thrombocytopenia. They are also associated with immune disorders, including autoimmunity, chronic neurologic problems, and infertility.
Symptoms of Solvent Exposure:
- Aplastic anemia (low blood cells in bone marrow)
- Atrophy of skeletal muscles
- B-cell malignancies
- Blood dyscrasis (unspecified blood disorder)
- Bone marrow damage
- Chemical bronchitis
- Chromosomal aberrations
- Cognitive disorders
- Corneal erosion
- Defatting dermatitis
- Erectile dysfunction
- Erythema (redness due to capillary congestion)
- Hepatomegaly (enlarged liver)
- Irritation of eyes and nose
- Irritation of mucous membranes
- Keratitis (cornea inflammation)
- Muscular weakness
- Polyneuropathy (neurological disorder)
- Pulmonary edema (fluid in lungs)
- Renal damage
- Skin irritation
- Tingling/cramps in arms or legs
- Toxic hepatitis
Sources of Solvent Exposure
- Acrylic nail applications
- Air fresheners
- Cigarette smoke
- Gasoline additives and exhaust
- Jet fuel exhaust
- Lacquer thinners
- Oil and grease extractors
- Perfumes and fragrances
- Pesticide inert ingredients
- Petroleum products
- Reinforced plastics
- Synthetic resins
Toxicity often lies at the root of many chronic illnesses, such as:
- Autoimmune conditions
- Brain fog
- Certain cancers
- Chemical sensitivities
- Chronic bacterial, fungal, and viral infections
- Chronic neurological illnesses
- Cognitive difficulties
- Development disorders
- Hormonal imbalances
- Mood disorders
EASY 3 STEP PROCESS:
1. Place your order and a test kit will be mailed to you.
2. Take the test kit to a local lab/clinic and ask for a blood draw. If you need assistance finding a lab email our office and we will find one for you.
3. Results, interpretation and protocol will be mailed to you within 3 weeks.
BENEFITS OF ORDERING FROM NUTRITIONALLY YOURS
1. Test kits are mailed out right away
2. Great customer service over the phone and via email
3. Years of experience successfully helping people feel better
4. Convenient and confidential nutritional testing on "your" terms
Credit card orders: please proceed securely through this site
Orders through the mail: please mail a check to...
890-F Atlanta Street, Ste. 253
Roswell, GA 30075
*please write the name of the test on the memo section of the test.
To order over the phone: call our office at 866-307-2495
Email: questions to email@example.com
Disclaimer: This test kit is for educational and research purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, cure or treat any medical conditions.
This product was added to our catalog on Sunday 18 December, 2011.