Inger Hoovestol Smith
Professional Chef, Meal Planner, Cooking Instructor
A native of Houston, Texas Chef Inger Smith has called Rabun County, Georgia her home since 1998. Growing up in a restaurant family, food has been a major part of her life, and she has devoted the past 20 years to discovering how to make "food that everyone loves to eat but knows they shouldn't!" into a healthy and delicious experience.
Inger was the co-founder and executive Chef of Smart Meals, Inc. one of the first low-fat, pre-packaged meal companies in the United States. She has lived in various places and has had the unique opportunity to work in the music and movie industry, cooking for celebrity clients in NYC, Houston as well as in Georgia. Inger has been a cooking instructor since the 1990's and while at the popular Houston cooking school, Le Panier, has had the privilege of working alongside such notable chefs as Guliano Bugiali, Marcella Hazan, Nick Malgieri and Joanne Weir. Along with her husband, Chris, they owned Inger's Fine Foods, a small restaurant in Clayton, Georgia from 2001-2008. At Inger's, she developed a reputation for several key recipes such as her famous Toasted Pecan Chicken Salad and the unending list of cakes and pies made from scratch (and usually without a recipe) every day.
Currently, Inger lives in Sandy Springs, Georgia. She home schools her daughter, teaches cooking classes and works as a private chef for clients in Atlanta and around the lakes of Rabun County. She has recently joined the practice of Nutritionally Yours and is excited about keeping people up to date on the latest innovations in cooking, eating and living a healthy lifestyle.
• Appointments available in our office and/or at your home or office.
• One on One Menu Planning - Share with Chef Inger your likes and dislikes, your schedule, lifestyle, food intolerances and/or allergies, goals and more.
• Recipes and Grocery Lists created personally for you.
• Grocery Shopping Guidance - Spend less time at the grocery store!
• Personal Chef - Don't have time to cook? Let Chef Inger do it for you!
• Kitchen Set Up - Not sure where to start or what to buy? Chef Inger will save you time and money by teaching you what your kitchen needs.
• How To Plan and Prepare Healthy Meals - Have fun while Chef Inger teaches you how to cook and eat healthy.
• Have food intolerances and/or food allergies? No problem Chef Inger will help put together a personal healthy meal program for you and your family!
Chef Inger's clientele has included:
• Christopher Lowell, Actor, New York, NY
• The Nautica Corporation, New York, NY
• Juvenile Diabetes Association
• Mrs. Barbara Bush & The Literacy Volunteers
• Mary Lou Retton
• Isabella Rosselini
• Bernadette Peters
• Mary Stuart Masterson
• Conde Nast Publications
(Master's Golf Tournament 2011)
• Jennifer Aniston
(Private Chef, September-October 2010)
• The Rolling Stones
• President George Bush, Sr.
• Kim Zmeskal, Olympic Gymnast
• Mary Tyler Moore
• Robert Mosbacher, Sec. Of Treasury
• Peter Jennings
Call 678-372-2913 for an appointment with Chef Inger. You may also reach her by email at IngerHSmith@gmail.com
Nutritionally Yours is supervised and overseen by a licensed medical doctor that is Alane's medical director.
We see clients from all over the Metro Atlanta GA area wanting to learn healthy ways to prepare meals for themselves and their families. Many of our clients are from the GA cities of Atlanta, Alpharetta, Marietta, Cumming, Buford, Roswell, Sandy Springs, Woodstock, Lilburn, Suwanee, Lawrenceville, Duluth, Norcross, Kennesaw and Gainesville. We also see clients from Tenessee, South Carolina and Alabama.